Why get tested?
The benefits of having a sexual health check-up are:
- A good way of ensuring that you are in good health - no need for guessing
- If you know your HIV status you can make informed decisions about how to go on with your life
- If you are found not to have no HIV (found to be HIV negative) then you can continue to practice safer sex and continue to look after yourself
- If you are found to have HIV (found to be HIV positive) you can then be directed to appropriate support and services
- If you are found to have an STI you can then be given treatment
- Peace of mind whether HIV positive or negative, knowing the facts means you can take control and plan what to do next
In Britain today, there are more choices of where you can go for sexual health check-ups. Apart from sexual health clinics and your local GP there are community-based services which provide free and confidential sexual health checks, including HIV testing.
Did you know?
HIV testing is free - regardless of your immigration status.